more about our Internship Program
Women Make Movies (WMM) is seeking an energetic, dedicated and highly
motivated full-time Marketing Manager to promote and publicize the
organization, our programs, and our collection of films to our
customers, potential customers, filmmakers and the media. The Marketing
Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic
marketing plan for the organization and our programs. The successful
candidate will be an experienced marketer who is passionate about the
work of WMM; understands audience engagement across channels; has
expertise with both generating data-driven assessments of marketing
campaigns’ results and with improving campaigns’ outcomes over time; and
thrives on working with a team to make all elements of a campaign come
together successfully. This position supervises a Marketing and
Outreach Coordinator and a Website Consultant.
Women Make Movies, a New York City non-profit media organization, is the
leading distributor of films by and about women in North America. Founded
in 1972, WMM is a feminist social enterprise with an 85% earned income
revenue stream. Our Production Assistance Program assists women directors
with their films from concept through completion. For ten of the last
eleven years, films from our programs have won or been nominated for
Oscars. WMM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women of color,
LQBTQ identified applicants, and older women to apply.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for development of marketing campaigns and
promotional materials for WMM’s films, including educational,
semi-theatrical, theatrical, broadcast and consumer campaigns; the PA
Program and the organization itself.
- Creating strategic marketing plans to retain and expand
opportunities with existing customers and developing new customers,
including forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, staff assignments, and
regular sales analysis using various metrics to measure all promotions.
- Work with senior staff and outside vendors to create a new website
for the organization. Oversee the management of the WMM website:
oversee updating of all content, develop features and functions that
enhance users’ experience, sell films, and provide information to
- Brand management and insuring our brand is not only consistent, but
also championed across all platforms: website, print publications and
- Craft compelling and strategic content for WMM’s external social
media channels. Create and implement day-to-day content on social media
platforms. Work with manager and relevant team members to approve posts
and ensure tone and accuracy.
- Develop a list of goals for social media campaigns, with strategies
for each. Determine measurements to assess success of campaign using
benchmarks including reach, targeted audiences and sales.
- Create weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on social media
and other marketing activities. Hold regular audits to determine
effectiveness of overall strategies and campaigns.
- Analyze and report growth, engagement, and overall impact of
marketing efforts using measurement tools and Google analytics. Use
analytics to make recommendations on course corrections mid-campaign and
- 5+ years’ professional experience in marketing and outreach.
Experience with marketing to academic and community organizations a
- Excellent writing skills a must.
- Experience in promoting nonprofit arts organizations and/or
independent film organizations
- Superior project management and supervising skills.
- Proficiency in website and social media management with experience
in SEO/online optimization.
- Knowledge of graphic design programs; experience working with
designers and print materials a plus
- Detail oriented; good copy-editing skills to ensure highest quality
- Experience with social media, digital and direct mail marketing;
knowledge of Constant Contact or MailChimp
- Demonstrated expertise planning and overseeing successful
educational and engagement campaigns targeting diverse audiences.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under deadlines and work both
independently and as a team.
- Flexible, professional, and a self-starter.A sense of humor
- A passion for feminism and the work of women filmmakers essential
Email a cover letter and resume
describing your relevant experience. Please include where you saw this
job posting listed, as well as salary requirements (please do not say
negotiable; though you may give us a range).
Email: email@example.com (with
subject line: Marketing and Communications Manager)
back to top