Dear WMM Friends,
It’s been quite a week, which is a complete understatement. First of all, we hope you are safe and healthy. Second, as many of you scramble to rapidly transition to online teaching, know that Women Make Movies is here to support you. It’s our opinion that social distancing doesn’t have to mean social isolation. We’re brainstorming ways we can help you bridge the virtual distance. In that vein, film has always offered a way of moving people, inspiring discussion, and creating shared experiences, so we want to make it possible to incorporate film into your virtual classes. Here are some specific ways we can help:
- If you have a Woman Make Movies DVD you were planning to show it in class this semester, we’ll provide a temporary link at no charge. Contact Amy for assistance.
- We are currently hosting a no-cost, virtual film festival to commemorate #WomensHistoryMonth. Please feel free to share the fest with your students.
- Digital site licenses are available for most WMM films. We’re offering a 50% discount on DSLs through May 31, 2020. Promo code: DSL30M
- Many WMM films are streaming on Kanopy.
- Our 2018 releases are available as on-demand rentals on Vimeo for $50 (2019 releases will be available by Monday). While this is usually a 1-week option, we are temporarily extending all 1-week rentals to 3-months, so they last through the end of the semester. Browse available on-demand rentals now.
- If there is a film that is not available for an on-demand rental that you want or need for your teaching — or if you need a promo code so you can share the viewing with your students — contact Amy and she’ll do her best to accommodate you.
We’re busy brainstorming other ways we can be of help. If you have requests or ideas, please reach out.
Logistically, we are playing it safe and all staff are working remotely for the time-being. The best way to reach us is by email. If you call, just leave a voicemail, and we will return it. But know that we are working regular hours and attending to business as usual (well, as usual as we can in these unusual times).
In solidarity and support,
The Team at Women Make Movies