The IDFA program has been announced, and we are elated to share that 4 WMM-sponsored films are included, three of which are screening in the “Best of Fests” section, which includes prize-winners, public favorites, and high-profile titles from the international circuit:
- MACHTAT (dir. Sonia Ben Slama) – BEST OF FESTS
- MILISUTHANDO (dir. Milisuthando Bongela) – BEST OF FESTS
- GREAT PHOTO, LOVELY LIFE (dir. Rachel Beth Anderson, Amanda Mustard) – BEST OF FESTS
- RICHLAND (dir. Irene Luszti) – SIGNED Program Section
In addition, two new films from WMM filmmakers will screen:
- SONS OF THE MULLAH (Dir. Nahid Persson, FOUR WIVES – ONE MAN)
- THE ECHO (Dir. Tatiana Huezo Sanchéz, ABSENCES (AUSENCIAS))
as well as THE ETERNAL MEMORY, which is directed by Program alum Maite Alberdi (THE MOLE AGENT).
Also screening in the 16 Worlds on 16 section is MESHES OF THE AFTERNOON, the classic film by Maya Deren in the WMM collection, and HELKE SANDER: CLEANING HOUSE, a film about the incomparable filmmaker Helke Sander, whose work we are proud to have been distributing for more than three decades.
Debra Zimmerman, WMM’s Executive Director will be in attendance, participating in the Forum, serving as a consultant for the Industry Hub, and leading a roundtable at the IDFA Academy. IDFA runs November 8-19 in Amsterdam. Congratulations to the filmmakers!