We are thrilled to announce the acquisition of WHAT ABOUT CHINA?, the latest work from renowned WMM filmmaker and theorist Trinh T. Minh-ha. WHAT ABOUT CHINA?, an essayistic reflection on the rich and complex history of China and of the film medium itself, was recently selected as one of sixty-three works included in the 2022 Whitney Biennial.
The film had its World Premiere at CPH:DOX March 31 and will have its North American Premiere at the San Francisco International Film Festival April 29 where Trinh T. Minh-ha will receive the festival’s Golden Gate Persistence of Vision Award. This award honors the achievement of a filmmaker whose main body of work falls outside the realm of narrative feature filmmaking.
Worldwide retrospectives and screenings of Trinh T. Minh-ha’s works are scheduled to begin in the fall around the world (see schedule below)! We are proud to have been distributing her work since her first film, REASSEMBLAGE.
For bookings, please contact Outreach & Exhibitions Manager, Colleen O’Shea at [email protected]. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to know when WHAT ABOUT CHINA? is available to purchase.
A list of upcoming screenings are below:
- New York at the Whitney Biennale, April 6 – Sept 5, 2022, *opening night film
- France at the Jean Rouch International Film Festival, May 5 – May 18, 2022 *followed by an in-person Q&A
- Berlin, Germany at the Haus de Kulturen der Welt or House of World Cultures, Dates TBD
- Stuttgart, Germany at Württembergische Kunstverein, Oct 21 - Dec 21, 2022, *screening as part of a retrospective of Trinh T. Minh-ha’s films
- Shanghai, China at Rockbund Art Museum, Nov 11, 2022 – Feb 5, 2023
- Madrid, Spain at the Reina Sofía Museum, Oct 2024 – Feb 2025, *screening as part of a retrospective of Trinh T. Minh-ha’s films
More to be announced soon!