Mexico/El Salvador | 2015 | 26 minutes | Color | DVD | Spanish | Subtitled | Order No. 161178
"A poignant film on a part of current Mexican history that must be told at all costs."
"Tatiana Huezo visually translates Lulu’s story into a reality that shows the invisible: the feeling of absence – but also a path back to life."
"The attractiveness of this work resides in its subtlety, intensity, pulse, honesty, strength…AUSENCIAS and its purely personal edge, stands as an original proposal to reflect the uneasiness that harass us."
SCREENING HIGHLIGHTS AND AWARDS
- DocsDF/International Documentary Festival Mexico City, Winner, Best Short
- Ariel Award, Best Documentary Short
- Guanajuato International Film Festival, Best Mexican Short Film Award
- Morelia International Film Festival
- Ambulante Film Festival
- Montreal International Documentary Festival
- Visions du Reel International Documentary Film Festival
- Mexico City International Documentary Film Festival
- Le Habana Film Festival
- DOK Leipzig
Tatiana Huezo (El Salvador, 1970) studied film at Centro de Capacitación Cinematográfica (ccc) and at University Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona. Tatiana teaches Documentary Filming at CCC, University of Centro and the Madrid’s Community Film School. Her filmography as director, photographer, and editor includes documentary films and fictional short films. She has been jury in festivals such as FICUNAM, Documenta Madrid and the Lima Film Festival. Her first film, The Tiniest Place (Mexico, 2011) participated in over 50 films festivals around the world, receiving over 40 awards. She is currently working on her second feature documentary, La Tempestad. (10/15)