The NYC Women’s Fund has announced its third round of funding for 2022 and nine of the grants have been awarded to WMM Filmmakers and Program alum! The Women’s Fund for Media, Music, and Theatre is an initiative by the City of New York Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment to address the underrepresentation of female and female-identifying artists in film, television, theatre, and music.
Congratulations to WMM-supported filmmakers:
- lya Chaiken (PRETTY UGLY)
- Alexis Neophytides (DEAR THIRTEEN)
- Marta Effinger-Crichlow (LITTLE SALLIE WALKER)
- April Xiong (SORA)
- Johanna Putnam (SHUDDERBUGS)
- Gretchen Hildebran (THE PEOPLE VS. AUSTERITY)
- Mimi Wilcox (THE SEBASTOPOL SIEGE)
And congratulations to THE MOSUO SISTERS filmmaker Marlo Poras and L IS FOR THE WAY YOU LOOK (a film previously distributed by WMM) filmmaker Jean Carlomusto for being awarded funds for new projects ICEBREAKERS (working title) and ESTHER NEWTON MADE ME GAY, respectively.
Congratulations to all! The full list of recipients and projects can be found here.