Canada/Argentina | 2018 | 95 minutes | Color | DVD | Spanish | Subtitled | Order No. 181228
Two teenage cousins in Argentina come of age together, overcoming the heinous acts of violence that interrupted their childhoods.
"Its final movement takes a wobbly turn to a therapeutic theatre performance, but for the most part Primas is a powerfully simple and quietly devastating testament to its subjects’ strength. It’ll stay with you."
"A humanistic, soulful gem."
SCREENING HIGHLIGHTS AND AWARDS
- True Life Fund Recipient, True/False Film Festival
- People's Choice Award, Mar del Plata
- Love & Change Jury Award, Istanbul Film Festival
- DOK.fest Munchen SOS-Kinderdörfer weltweit Award Nominee
- One World Film Festival
- Hot Docs Documentary Film Festival
- Thessaloniki Documentary Festival
- DOXA Documentary Film Festival
- Guadalajara Film Festival
- Thessaloniki Film Festival
- One World Film Festival Prague
- International Documentary Festival Amsterdam (IDFA)
- HotDocs Film Festival
- Montreal International Documentary Festival (RIDM)
- DOXA Vancouver International Documentary Festival
- Lima International Film Festival
Fascinated by singularity and difference, laura bari choses film as a way to merge arts, culture, education and mental-health issues. Her films aim to consolidate the split between the real and the imaginary as an integral part of the human condition; particularly, of the everyday heroes, protagonists she chooses. Their universe inspires her to tell stories that are beautiful and ugly, despairing and joyful, necessary and uncertain. With PRIMAS (Nov. 2017) she completes a trilogy of feature documentary films, (ANTOINE - 2009; ARIEL - 2013); not only, to build a zone of common consciousness but also to allow the process of metamorphosis-trough-art, be true. (2/19)