Gotham Week is underway September 17 – 23, and we are excited to share that eight films made with the support of our Production Assistance Program and an additional eight films from WMM filmmakers and alum are pitching new films at the Gotham Week Project Market! The market is an exciting opportunity for independent filmmakers to pitch their projects to key industry players. Featuring over 150 projects, this meeting-driven event fosters important connections between artists and professionals interested in discovering new talent.
WMM-sponsored projects pitching include:
- EMERGENT CITY (dir. Kelly Anderson)
- FINDING YOUR LAUGHTER (dir. Arlieta Hall and Brittany Alsot)
- GIVE IT A SHOT (dir. Vaishali Sinha)
- HOME COURT (dir. Erica Tanamachi and Jenn Lee Smith)
- LIFE AFTER (dir. Reid Davenport)
- MADE IN ETHIOPIA (dir. Xinyan Yu)
- PRETTY UGLY – THE STORY OF THE LUNACHICKS (dir. Ilya Chaiken)
- STANDING ABOVE THE CLOUDS (dir. Jalena Keane-Lee, prod. Amber Espinosa-Jones)
WINNING GIRL director Kimberlee Bassford will also be pitching her new project IRIS CHANG: POWER OF ONE, as well as A REVOLUTION IN FOUR SEASONS director Jessie Deeter, pitching new project IN PLAIN SIGHT.
WMM alum will also be in attendance with their new projects including Yael Melamede (PAY OR DIE), Dyana Winkler (STORMING and HAWAIIAN VACATION), Beth Levison (SWINGING FIELDS (Working Title) and UNTITLED COWBOY DOCUMENTARY), Bridget Pickering (APETOWN), Patrick Shen (FILM1/ASAP), and former WMM staff member Judith Mizrachy (UNTITLED COWBOY DOCUMENTARY).
WMM staff members Kendra Hodgson and Emily Abi-Kheirs will be taking 1:1 virtual meetings on Thursday and Friday and will participate in Gotham Week: Meet the Decision Makers – Non-fiction Distribution and Festival Strategy on Friday, September 23 at 3pm ET.
Congratulations to all our filmmakers pitching!